Sunday, June 5, 2011

God is soo GOOD!

This morning at church I was taught about commitment. Commitment shows your values, it shapes your life day to day and it reveals where your life is headed. Looking at the lack of commitment in my life right now is a little bit of a reality check. I am not committing to things because my evenings are so unpredictable I work late, and I am so physically exhausted that I don't make any plans for after work. I have just committed to a new church and now that makes only 2 commitments in my life. Work, and Church. I want to have more commitments and some other areas to be involved in people's lives, to love them, serve them and be impacted by them.

God's goodness has surprised me yet again today. I should have come to expect it and not be so surprised by his great love and provision for not only our needs, but our wants. I have been praying for a couple years for a place to spend time with horses. I have thought of volunteering at a boarding center, leasing a horse and I've even thought about just taking a drive and 'trespassing' to visit some random horses. In that last 3 weeks God has given me 5 horses at two different acreages to go and visit.

Today I met the first two horses. Belle and Tessa they are around 7 years old and need some training/love. They are saddle broke and are very gentle with people but they are not very experienced in riding. Last year they were ridden only about 6 times. I would like to change that for them this year.

At church today I was chatting with a young mom when a beautiful blonde young woman grabbed my arm and said "Amy Provencher, I haven't seen you in a long time!!! ". It was my high school friend Chelsea Robinson. It is a blessing and encouragement to see her and catch up with her. Completely orchestrated by God. She has just recently committed her life to Christ, is being baptized in 2 weeks and is moving away to Africa in August. I reconnected with her just in time. Thank you God! Chelsea is a grade 5 teacher and has an incredible opportunity to teach in Africa for 3 years! Now I will have another friend overseas to visit!

God's goodness just shows me how much He loves us! It is life changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment