Tuesday, May 10, 2011

WorK wOrK WoRk...

Today is my 5th official day of work, (there was a weekend in the middle too) and I am exhausted. It has not been boring though. 


My 1st day on the job I was working with 3 wonderful christian guys. We talked about calling, vision, mission statements, YWAM, and living in christian community. It was a blessing to me to be weened from the environment in hawaii to the Tree Biz environment. A few days later I was working with a guy (from South America) who doesn't speak english very well and he was telling me that his wife is pregnant, well... He told me all about it in his broken english. I was just pruning away, laughing to myself. I want to "do life" with people, and be real... well, this was real! 


Yesterday was the first day when I got to take my truck out again. My Tree Partner (from Poland) and I busily prepared the truck, it was good to fill the truck with all the gear again. We had to go hunting around the shop for rakes, shovels, chainsaws (that work), snips and hedge trimmers, blowers, tarps, fuel and oil. It was routine. And most of the day was routine. We had a good day, we worked well together until we found out that the kind of music I like, he hates; and the music he likes, I hate. Needless to say, the radio stayed off in the truck for most of the day. But we found some other things in common throughout the day. The funniest thing that happened this day was when I was doing a small climbing removal. I had removed half of the tree and was working on a part above a deck. I put a rope in the top, had my partner pull the rope. Just when I was cutting the notch I imagined the whole tree coming down over on top of me. I finished the notch and tried to make a graceful and speedy exit from the tree. well, neither happened. I stepped down out of the tree, tripped on a branch that was on the ground and conveniently sat down in the whole brush pile (chain locked and saw turned off).  I looked up and my partner was laughing. He sauntered over, helped me up and said... "You still need to cut more"! I didn't want to get back into the tree so I stood on the deck and reached as far as I could... I cut it, he pulled it, over it went and we continued on with the cutting and clean up.

Today we were cleaning up a huge spruce removal, I was pulling on some branches when my hand slipped. I sat down on the grass and when I looked up, my partner was making the motion of taking a picture. the other 3 guys had a good laugh about it also. It's not easy pulling branches out from under the top of a huge spruce. Jenni understands me!

It's all in good fun though. I am blessed with great guys to work with. They are kind, fun, and they take care of me! what a blessing! well, it's late and I'm tired. :D

1 comment:

  1. amy, you are a beautiful, hard-working woman of God and I appreciate that so much in you!! those boys are so lucky to have you on their team :) you prune those trees!!

    ReplyDelete