Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Surprise Quebec City!

I was blessed to be a blessing this past weekend. My Mom and I conspired to surprise my sister for her birthday (May 3rd).

I was so blessed because I didn't have to pay for the plane ticket at all, Emilee's employer's housed and feed me for the weekend... Emilee let me sleep on her floor! I was picked up from the airport by Emilee's employer, Kirsta and we went to the house, I was hoping to make it inside the doors before she saw me. But at least I had a chance to give Nicholas (the 9Year old Emilee nannies) my camera to video tape her reaction before she spotted me. :)

Emilee and I had a wonderful 3 days together. The (almost) 2 year old, Jackie, scowled at me the whole weekend. She was very protective of her Emy.

I was able to be a blessing to Emilee - to show her that she is loved and that we love her enough to lie to her. Mom and I both said many times "oh, no... no one is coming for your birthday. You should accept that now so you aren't disappointed...". Emilee and I were able to bless her friend Barb as she has been trying to move into an apartment for 2 weeks and there is hurdle after hurdle. Emilee and I cleaned some of the apartment and hopefully encouraged her that she will be moved in soon. It was an incredible weekend for knowing Emilee as a young adult and as a friend.

God has been teaching me some things lately, and I would like to share them. I have been reminded to involve him in my decisions, to listen and obey. Not to second guess. So, when I was choosing my seats on the plane. I asked the Lord where I should sit. He orchestrated it, 3 planes, 3 wonderful seat mates and some good conversations. On my way home, the guy sitting next to me saw me reading my Bible and asked me what I was studying, we had a good talk about Catholicism, Christianity, and how hypocrites have driven him from attending church. He was very open and honest, I appreciated that about our conversation.

I have been reading in Romans lately. God is teaching me about Sin vs Life. How we were slaves to sin but now because of our connection to Jesus, we are slaves to righteousness and life! Romans 6 (onward). I am also reading a book called "ROOTED. Reflections on the gardens in scripture." by Murray Pura. He says. "If we become like him (JESUS) in life, we become like him in death. There can be no separation. The things that enliven him, enliven us; the things that kill him, kill us. Whatever he died to (sin and death) and died for we die to and die for. In our spirit and in our body. ... Our bodies may fall to the ground like a pear from a tree. But our spirits are forever because they are one with the spirit of Jesus. I no longer live but Christ lives in me".

Romans chapter 7 and 8 are about the same things, but the perspective changes. It goes from talking about being saved by grace and the slave's master changing from sin to righteousness. Chapter 7 speaks about the law and how the law has changed because of Jesus' blood. Chapter 8 talks about the hope we have because that law changing and the great LOVE that God has for us and how nothing in all creation can change that.

OH HOW HE LOVES US!

No comments:

Post a Comment