Saturday, May 28, 2011

Family, Friends and Finally Summer!




Last weekend, May long weekend was full of family and celebration! Aunty Bev married a wonderful man named Wayne. The wedding was held at Wayne's acreage beside the creek. God orchestrated so much for Bev's wedding. The Wedding was Sunday afternoon and Sunday morning around 11 it started clouding over, we expected rain. It rained at 1pm until 2:30pm when the wedding started. The rain stopped for the wedding and photos. After the wonderful meal and some goodbye's it started pouring rain. 

We camped out at Wayne's acreage for the weekend, we played softball, threw stones in the creek with Isabel and Amaia, enjoyed the sun and swatted mosquitoes. We celebrated Bev and Wayne's wedding, Luc and Anni's birthdays, It was so good to be all together. Emilee flew out from Quebec city for the weekend. It was the first time our family of 6 has been together since Christmas. Julie took a family photo of us, I think it's the first family photo we've had taken since Luc and Rebecca's wedding. It was wonderful to have a sleep over with my cousin Anni, to wake up and have breakfast out side with the Ron Poffenroth clan and Grandma.... who forgot the eggs... but found them in her van after breakfast was done. 



This weekend marked the first "summer" weekend. This morning I woke up to a clear blue sky and flowers and the garden planted. I got myself a cup of coffee and Dad and I (barefoot) changed the top on my Jeep from the hard, ugly winter top to the soft, convertible summer top. My bare feet didn't last too long, the concrete was so cold. Dad and I listened to Hawaiian music (thanks to Island Breeze and Uncle Peni) and talked about selling the house, packing the trailer, truck and Jeep and shipping it all to Hawaii. I would buy a piece of property and would just live in the trailer and climb coconut trees all day long. ooo and surf in the mornings, and go cliff jumping (ya right), and swim in the ocean every weekend, and lay on the beach... maybe sky dive... ahhh, it's good to dream!



Later on today Mom went on a stroll down memory lane. We went to a nursing home to visit an Aunt of my Moms. Aunty Elsie took care of my Mom when she was 2 years old and her Mom just had the twins (Ron and Don). Elsie told us stories of how they went to milk the cows twice a day, they took my Mom into the barn and put her in a cardboard box. The farm dog stood watch and every time my Mom would move the dog would alert the milkers, and if the cows dared to come to close the dog would put them in their place. To this day, my Mom is not an animal lover. I wonder why??

The brutal reality of living in Alberta is that after the beautiful summer weekend we have a frost warning tonight. This always keeps life interesting. Tomorrow is my Dad's 60th Birthday. This is the first time in 5 years that he is home for his birthday! We are just planning on relaxing and enjoying being together.





No comments:

Post a Comment