Sunday, August 14, 2011

Welcome August!





The days are getting shorter, the nights a little cooler, the raspberries are ripening and my garden is producing. Welcome August!



I have had peas, apples, rhubarb, raspberries and zucchini from my yard. I am really excited for the carrots, beets and maybe even cucumbers if we get a warm 6 weeks.

















I have had so many months of summer… being in hawaii for 3 months was wonderful but this Canadian girl is craving the fall. I want to wear my sweaters, mitts, scarves and touques. I want to see my breath and have fires in the back yard in the evening… now it's just too hot to start a fire. I am excited for pumpkins, the crunching leaves under my feet and a brisk walk around the lake. I'm also excited for snow… i want to go cross country skiing again! :) Maybe i'm crazy… maybe i'm just Canadian.


I went to visit the horses today. Meet Bell and Tess. Tess is the Bay and Bella is the chestnut. They are good friends of mine. I am at a loss as far as 'Horse Training' but i just enjoy spending time with them and wandering around in their little piece of heaven out there. I hope they enjoy spending time with me as much as I like spending time with them.

Bella. 



Tess (she has spunk)


And moi. Again, out in a wheat field…. what can i say?? I just like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment