Thursday, September 15, 2011

Makai Roan Poff.



I would like to introduce you to my new cousin/nephew.  Meet Makai Roan Poffenroth. 

My dear cousin Anni gave birth september 14th to a beautiful strong and hairy young man. Anni and I have been best buds since we were 4, Makai is more than a cousin… He is more like a nephew. 

God is so sweet. Anni was due last Tuesday so I, and many others have been anxiously anticipating the arrival of this young man. The Lord arranged it amazingly. My day off was Wednesday, if Makai hadn't have come, labor would have been induced wednesday at 11 am. which means no baby until wednesday evening. But the Lord decided that it was important for me to be there, so Makai came at 4:00 wednesday morning. I was able to spend almost the whole day snuggling with him and chatting with Anni. What an incredible blessing. 

Makai is Hawaiian for Matthew, Gift from God. He is that! He is a blessing and a reminder of God's faithfulness, love and grace. God is so good to us. I can't wait to hug and kiss this little guy again. He is beautiful, and I am excited to watch him grow up and laugh with him, spoil him, challenge him and hopefully one day climb trees with him. :) 

It is amazing how this baby fits into my Hawaii life. Anni skyped me my first week in Hawaii to tell me that she was pregnant, we had many conversations about hawaii since I have returned and now that I'm thinking of going back to hawaii, for him to have a hawaiian name seems to fit so perfectly. (i know it is not all about me though… Anni has her own reasons why she chose the name). 

No comments:

Post a Comment